04 October 2009

A Korean Drama about Adoptees

So I have to tell you that the one huge reason that I haven't posted in a few days is because I am addicted to this Korean drama. 

It's called:


Women of the Sun

Alternative Title: Sisters In Love / Women in the Sun
Genre: Melodrama, Romance
Film Date: May, 2008
Total Episodes: 20
Korea Casts: Han Jae Suk, Jung Gyu Woon , Kim Ji Soo, Lee Ha Na

Description:
Shin Do Young is an announcer who instigates the jealously of all women around her because of her superior looks, great abilities, and great background. But Do Young has a deep, dark secret. She was actually abandoned at an orphanage when she was young but luckily she was adopted by a nice couple. The couple were unable to have their own children but were surprised when their biological daughter was born. Do Young, afraid that her parents would no longer love her anymore abandoned her 5 year old little sister, Ji Young, at a train station. Years have passed and Do Young meets a joyful girl, Sa Wol, who becomes her personal shopper. What happens when Do Young's terrible misdeed is revealed and that Sa Wol is actually the sister she abandoned at the train station all those years ago?

If you would like to watch it too, and learn a lot about the way adoptees and orphans are seen and treated in Korean Society, check out this link:

http://www.mysoju.com/women-of-the-sun/

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing how abandonment is such an issue for all children, adopted or not. And interesting to see how the show has it play out, both as fear and reality, in BOTH children! And wonderful that your Korean language skills are good enough to support your ability to watch the program! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Grannyspot,I wish that were true about my Korean language skills. The skills I do have are some awesome English reading skills, I am REALLY good at reading the subtitles quickly. Maybe, though, my Korean is coming along.

    ReplyDelete